Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Bye Bye Birdie!

So, um, I'm guessing from this pic from the upcoming Infinite Crisis that Black Condor II won't be part of the new DCU (looks like he's being sent to KFC).

Oh, dear. Now who will protect us from rabid raccoons, then suffer a crisis of conscience about it?

Although he's a hottie, Black Condor II (does he even have a name?) has always been a unrelenting sourpuss. Dude, you can fly; enjoy it!

But no, during the Dark Age, DC needed to give us a grim & gritty version of one of the Golden Age's most fabulous characters (and I do mean fabulous!)

DC, don't let this opportunity go to waste! As long as Black Condor II is kaput, give a new FUN Black Condor. Basically, a male counterpart of glorious, sexy Phantom Lady.

Hey, I want my comics to be serious, trust me. What's going on now in DC right now delights me enormously. But if we need deadly seriousness in our core characters, let's leaven it with some bright and shiny in our lesser characters, shall we?

Because we can also rape them and burn their corpses later, you know!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did that IC panel come from? Are there more?
- Jon Morris

Anonymous said...

I have one inclination to suggest that this panel should count as a spoiler and there ought to be some warning about it, but I have an equal and opposite inclination to suggest that your interpretation of what happens in that panel qualifies as rampant speculation.

Anonymous said...

I second the "Where's it from?"

obsolete said...

Can "The Black Condor dies" really qualify as a spoiler to anybody, whether it's true or not?

Does anybody have so much emotional investment in him that premature news of his death would upset them?

Scipio said...

It's one panel out of four pages of previews in this week's Wizard Magazine.

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, lots of heroes can take a shot like that. Unless it's said definitely in Wizard that he dies, all we got is he gets hit in battle.

Kris

Scipio said...

Well, at first, Kris, that's what I thought, too.

But then I notice the shot COMES OUT THE BACK of him...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Black Condor was easily the 8th-best Starman supporting character, after the likes of the Shade, Ted Knight, David's Ghost, Jake Bennetti, Ralph and Sue Dibny, the O'Dares, and a bunch of other guys!
Actually, Starman made Black Condor pretty cool, I thought.

Anonymous said...

I thought the second Black Condor was pretty cool in Star City, too. I liked the 'wilderness in the urban jungle' motif.

Kris