Sunday, September 18, 2005

Character Moment: Max Lord & Bruce Wayne


"So, then, what you're saying, Bruce, is if
-- just as a hypothetical --
you were to build a multi-billion-dollar spy satellite slash artificial intelligence plugged into all the planet's surveillance systems

you probably wouldn't notice if I subverted it to my own purposes as the principal weapon of my super-secret extra-governmental espionage organization and slaved to it over one million cyborg sleeper agents programmed to identify and eliminate every supra-normal operative on Earth?

"Well. That's good to know, Bruce.

"Excuse me -- I need to get back to my office now..."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, what retroactive wonders Countdown has wrought! I especially like to go back and read old Dr. Light stories. "I'm going to fiendishly take over the world with this set of oversized light bulbs... right after I rape your wife!"

Anonymous said...

Wow, where was this from?

Scipio said...

"JLA Year One" by Mark Waid (1999, I think).

Gordon D said...

You know what's funny (spoiler)....


...didn't it turn out that Oliver Queen, aka Mr. "No More Fat Cats" was the JLA's financier?

Gordon D said...

You know what's funny (spoiler)....


...didn't it turn out that Oliver Queen, aka Mr. "No More Fat Cats" was the JLA's financier?

Scipio said...

He was indeed.

That series was chockful of comic book irony on every page.

Eric said...

Gosh, there is a great deal of worthwhile material above!
St. Catharines real estate | fire water restoration | used furniture Toronto | italian gold chains | bankruptcy asbestos