Thursday, June 09, 2005

Favorite book of the week

The best book I bought at the comic book store this week wasn't a comic book.

It was a crossover of sorts, starring Superman, Jung, the JSA, the X-Men, Descartes, Batman, Aristotle, Spiderman, Kierkegaard, the Fantastic Four, the Martian Manhunter, Nietzsche, Luthor, Bentham, Hawkman, Locke, Galactus, Seneca, the Watchmen, Krona, Kant, St. Augustine, the Flash, Batgirl, the Hulk, Wonder Woman, Homer, Wolverine, Heraclitus, the Spectre, Spinoza, Superboy, Odysseus, the Silver Surfer, Hobbes, Green Lantern, Juvenal, Iron Man, Robin, Dr. Doom, God, Green Arrow,Darwin, Dr. Strange, Gandhi, Daredevil, Nightwing, Freud, Magneto, and Captain Marvel.

You should read it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished the Mark Waid essay on why Superman saves the world time and time again out of SELF-INTEREST, and I'm hooked.

Actually, at the risk of being blatantly self-promotional, I'm going to be running a Q&A with Tom Morris, the guy who edited this book, on my blog in a week or two -- I'll shoot you an email when it goes live, Scipio!

Scipio said...

VERY cool! Do!

Hate Filled Poster said...

I'll have to pick this up next paycheck. I think I've spent my next paycheck two times over saying stuff like that.