- Eric Powell's drawings of Superman in Action. Superman hasn't looked that normally sized -- and yet more masculine -- since the Golden Age.
- Zatanna's Talking Gate.
- Someone's kidnapping the Justice League members? Okay, that's excellent.
- The Forerunner's origin was much more interesting than I would have anticipated.
- Four Horsemen was also better than I would have expected, and I'm delighted to see something done with Veronica Cale.
- Poor Megan. She really is alien, isn't she?
- I... I've never really seen anyone throw an airplane before.
- Bizarro vision? Brilliant.
- Driving with Bart.
- I was right about Athena. I know my gods, people.
- The dirty, stinking Rannies firing Adam Strange. In public. Priceless. And so very typical. Dirty, stinking Rannies.
- I glad somebody remembers what Buddy Baker's real job is.
- Hey, Lobo body-shaves; hot!!!
- Eddy Barrows, your drawing of Cliff Baker's face during the final hug is one of the great masterpieces of comic book art.
- "Mr. Wayne, are you hurt?" I want more scenes like that and fewer of heroes using first names in costume.
- So, is Everyman, like, the new Clayface?
- Even for Geoff Johns, that's a heck of cliffhanger.
- Jimmy's sunburn.
- Adam Strange's buddy, whose life expectancy, I'm betting, is comparable to that of Jessica Fletcher's friends.
- How obviously BAD Wolfman's part of Teen Titans No. 50 is. Perhaps, now that it's right beside modern Titans, some more people will be able to see it!
- Now THAT is Deus Ex Machina, just as it should be.
- I note that Robin was written much more appropriately--and politely-- by John Rogers in Blue Beetle than he was in Titans in the scene that appeared in both. I hope DC notices it, too...
- These Four Horseman are a lot scarier now than they were as big tinkertoys, huh?
- Picking up Connor from school.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Things That Made Me Happy...
in my comics this week.