- Between the amazing work in redefining (or is it just refining?) Green Arrow's character in Green Arrow Year One and the Black Canary miniseries, I am being won over to admiration of GA. I mean taking the boat that's an escape from horrible torture and death... and burning it? To attract the bad guys? That's the crazy heroism that's the stuff of legend.
- But I'm still glad that some people-- very very smart people-- question Black Canary on the stupidity of marrying Ollie Queen, rather than everyone in the DCU blindly going, "Oh, a wedding, how lovely! This will be as nice as when the Atom married that cruel, self-centered, psychotic who Eclipso liked so much!"
- Thank heaven somebody finally called Wonder Girl and Supergirl out on their ridiculously tacky belly-shirts.
- Piper's "immunity".
- The very Last of Great Lesbian Love Scenes. Well, for them, anyway.
- John Rogers needs to be writing Teen Titans. Immediately.
- So I assume Ranx versus Mogo symbolizes Humanity's Vicious Self-Absorbed Denaturized Urbanism versus Recognizing Our Planet as a Nurturing Guide and Provider That Deserves Our Protection. Either that or it just looked cool to draw.
- Thanks for the pic of nearly naked pre- or post-coital Deathstroke in bed. No, really! Boxers should be his new uniform.
- The Mega-Rod versus Charizard.
- Blue Beetle versus Lobo.
- "Green Arrow's Secret Healing Factor?" or "Gosh, that minimum six to eight weeks of recovering from an open fracture sped by quickly!"
- I love this Club of Heroes story Grant Morrison is doing; it's like he's on new meds or something. What a great locked-room mystery, with some ace detective work going on. And the art! Extremely impressive, particularly the composition!
- I really what to know what has Knockout terrified, since she considers fighting Big Barda a hobby.
- Black Lightning's "Shut up, ho, this is my chair now; go make me a sammich!" look that he gives Vixen at the JLA meeting.
- I can never remember the name of Blue Beetle's two sidekicks, but I adore them nonetheless. Paco; the big cute one's name is Paco.
- Mr. Terrific + U.S. politics + Nazis = Jeez, Mr. Terrific is tall + Wildcat is enormous!
- No matter how nasty they make Eclipso, it still seems like a demotion for Jean Loring.
- So ... does that make Ollie's reaction to Roy's problem better or worse? Or simply understandable?
- Kid Devil made me do a Spit-Take of Amusement. That's pretty rare.
- Now that I realize that Big Barda would love playing Heroclix, I think I love her, too.
- Nothing says "I care!" like Kilowogg covered in corpses.
- We don't always get to say goodbye to the ones we love, do we? In fact, we seldom do. It's a good thing to remember.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Things That Made Me Happy...
in my comics this week.