But I can craft. If you think I'm the kind of person who lies around watching the television, think again. I'm making some person tokens for Heroclix games: lots of little crooks and goons to help out the villains. The templates are all laid out, but I'm missing just one thing: pictures of crooks and goons.
Now, I could just use photos from movies and such, downloaded from the internet. But that doesn't seem quite fun enough...
This is where you come in. Send me a picture of YOURSELF looking particularly crooked or goonish and I will make YOU into a pog (much as I did for Officers Garling and Sanders). Then I will put the finished products up here on the blog for all to see and print out. Then you too can have the privilege of being kayoed by the Caped Crusaders or crippled by Green Arrow.
Oh, and these pogs are game-legal (well, except for the whole "retired figures" thing). Each one is based on an actual pre-existing Token in Heroclix, so they are playable.
The goon tokens you can submit your photo for are listed below. There are several "rules" for the photos. Please...
- Be appropriately attired for the token you want to portray.
- Don't smile, unless it's a nasty smile. You know, like a leer or a smirk.
- Brings your guns. Real guns. HUGE extra points for having a gun in the photo.
- Have a background that is colorwise very distinct and different from the part of photo that is you. Otherwise, it will be too hard for me to get rid of the background in Photoshop.
- Extra points if you send me a Photoshop file with the background already eliminated.
- Photos should be in color, if at all possible.
- Photos should be pretty much from the waist up. Just a head shot is too little and a full body shot is too much.
- If your photo is sufficiently fabulous, but doesn't quite match with one of the tokens below, I'll may make up one to go with it. You want to be "the Moll" or "the Patsy" or "the Underling" or "the Lunatic?? Sell me on it with your pic!
AVAILABLE GOON TOKENS
(ones with * should not have guns in the pic, because that token has no range)
- The Scrapper* (he's fast in a fight)
- The Gashouser* (he's bigger than the Scrapper, but still fast)
- The Dirty Cop (extra points for raincoat or cheesy moustache)
- The Gunsel (look weaselly; gunsels are always weaselly. The Gunsel has Stealth).
- The Black Belt* (Ariel...?)
- The Lieutenant (the boss's number one guy. Should not be hefty, because he'll have Leap/Climb)
- "Two-Gun" (I don't care if you're a grandmother of four, if you can get two real pistols in your hands in the pic, then you are Two-Gun)
- The Gunwoman (in a pantsuit, I should think)
- The Gunman (what's the male equivalent of a pants suit?)
- The Slugger* (maybe with a baseball bat...?)
- The Gunslinger (he watches the Country/Western channel)
- Yojimbo (Asian guy, black suit)
- The Punk Kid* (if you're a bit long in the tooth, I'll just take off the 'kid' part)
- The Hireling* (he's a little nervous but he needs the money)
- The Running Dog (this guy is very good but very hyper, kind of wild-eyed)
- The Hoodlum* (extra points for a hoodie or a 'newsie cap')
- The Enforcer* (this guy looks ... unpleasant)
- The Bruiser* (this guy is big but slow)
- The Tough Guy* (this one has Toughness, so please look you could actually take a punch to the face without falling over)
- Judo Guy* ("I paid Joon Rhee good money for those classes and now is my chance to show off for the boss!)
- Judo Gal* ("I am totally going to show up that jackass, Judo Guy!")