As regular readers know, my admiration for Morrison's work is not without qualifications. In fact, I've called quite a lot of what he's written total crap, incoherent ravings passing themselves off as profundities. So, suffice it to say, I'm not given to praising Morrison as some kind of reflex action, as many readers seem to be.
That said ... I LOVED his first issue of Batman this week, including:
- The Joker's sense of theatrics.
- The Joker's pumps; where does he get those wonderful shoes?
- The Commissioner's sense of humor.
- Alfred saying all the things that only Alfred can say.
- A Talia that actually, finally, seems evil.
- Kirk Langstrom finally remembering how to dress.
- Upside-down dinosaur statues encased in green lucite as art.
- Alfred's taste in literature.