- FINALLY, someone told Pariah to stop talking like Marv Wolfman.
- Giant flying pockwatches. Complete with fob.
- I got to wear 3D goggles while reading a comic. I only wish I had gone out to restaurant to do it as publicly as possible.
- Supergirl's headband.
- I never thought I'd see anyone quote Seanbaby's Hostess page in a comic book.
- "I'm already retconning our whole thing." Priceless.
- You know, if Millenium Giants had only been one issue the first time, it probably would have been okay.
- Exposing the intrinsic creepiness of circus peanuts.
- Of course Ollie had the hots for Dinah's mother.
- Jonah Hex scalping someone. Who was dead already. Probably.
- Mon-El made me cry.
- Sword of the All-New Atom? Brilliant.
- Only Bart Allen would guest-star at his own funeral.
- "With friends like these, who needs enemies?" That is the best encapsulation of Silver Age Superman I have ever heard; bravo.
- Jonah Hex cleans up a saloon. Jonah would make a bad janitor but a great video games.
- Black Canary versus the League of Elvis Impersonators.
- Don't you think Wonder Girl could use a little time-out? Like, in therapy? Arkham, maybe?
- Say what you want about the Joker; he is a good showman.
- Apparently you don't have to be anatomically correct to be the dean of a major university.
- Ryan Choi looks really hot in that outfit; Ariel, do you know how to sew?
Friday, July 06, 2007
Things That Made Me Happy...
in comics this week.