Mostly I talk about the writing in comics, not the art. But that doesn't mean I don't care about or like art; I used to work in an art museum, in fact.
So, to help increase the attractiveness of my blog to art-lovers and increase my hit count and acquire a new source of "lazy posts"--
"to help bring some much-needed artistic flair to the Absorbascon and to offer it as a showcase for budding pencillers"
I am willing to post any fan art you send me on this blog!
Of course, there's a catch. The subject matter must relate to one of our favorites (or anti-favorites) here at the Absorbascon. Examples of acceptable topics include:
- The Cast of the Big Monkey Podcast
- Hal Jordan getting hit in the head (no head-hitting, no post-ee)
- Orca the Whalewoman
- Dr. Domino
- Much-hated Halo
- The Rolling Head of Pantha (pictures of Pantha's head while still connected to her body will be disqualified)
- The Awesome Human Flying Fish
- Dale Gunn, Love God
- Jean Loring in any state of madness or evil
- The original Starman or any of his villains
- Purple-robed pansies armed with corndogs
- Major Victory from Who Want to Be a Superhero
- The All-New Atom
- Congo Bill (no, NOT Congorilla)
- Evil kryptonian cats from the Phantom Zone
- Geo-Force getting the crap beaten out of him
- Oysterwoman beating the crap out of someone
- Joe Coyne, the Penny Plunderer
- The Sea Devils (or just Judy Walton, Queen of the Sea)
- And, of course, Vibe
Send submissions to:
Bonus points for fitting them all into the same picture.
George Perez, you'Ve been called out.
Time for Oysterwoman to get a yellow handbag!
Best workable combo that I can think of: Orca hitting Hal Jordan in the head with Halo.
...or Vibe beating up Geoforce.
What about Dr. Domino?
Who did the Vibe art?
That Halo is brilliant.
Wow, what a weird sentence.
Zundian, the Vibe picture is by my friend Roy at DC Costume Gallery. Scipio, you know better than posting art without crediting it.
Post a Comment