- In Action this week it became apparent that, thanks to decades of local property damage and alien attacks, the pigeons of Metropolis have become completely unflappable. That's Darwinism in Action.
- The Daily Star scoops the Planet with photos of Superman saving Jimmy Olsen (again).
- Clark Kent finally realizes just how impressive Ma and Pa Kent are.
- In JSA Classified, Bane turns out to be lying (!) and Rick Tyler outwits him stylishly. I don't know who writer Tony Bedard is, but I now officially like him; he is a Disciple of Sundell.
- In Secret Six, the innocence of Knockout is touching.
- Vandal Savage's choice of "son-in-law"? Brilliant, logical, and I never saw it coming.
- Mad Hatter kicking Dr. Psycho's ass. Yes, Dr. Psycho, you are sick and disturbed; but the Mad Hatter is five kinds of crazy.
- Meanwhile, in 52 .... what is it with all the cannabilism in comic books lately? I blame zombies.
- Good to see the Squid.
- In Justice, Batman calls Superman on his BS ... finally!
- Plastic Man calling the Elongated Man a useless, self-absorbed whiner ... finally!
- Green Lantern's visitor and what he has to say about Hal's real weakness.
- GODS, Krueger is good! He knows that Wonder Woman's inhuman perfection IS her flaw and is destroying her through her own feet of clay.
- And AGAIN, Krueger knocks it out of the park with Aquaman, who is, as I've always suspected, the real leader of the Justice League.
- Jim Krueger, you are a Golden Apostle of Sundell, and you understand DC's icons better than anyone else who's written the Justice League not only recently but perhaps ever.
- Oh, what's with the giant ovoid creature in 52? Wow, I never saw THAT one coming!
Friday, October 27, 2006
Things That Made Me Happy...
in this week's comics.