Sunday, April 24, 2005

"Gee, Tennessee...."

Do I have something against walruses?, I have been asked.

No. Walruses are great. The simple-minded clarity of Chumley, Tennessee Tuxedo's pal, inspires me almost daily.

Then, why no love for Tusky from the Aquaman Filmation cartoon? Why have I not nominated him as Aquaman's animal companion in his Dynastic Centerpiece model, out of respect for his multimedia tradition?

Because walruses are mammals and can't breathe underwater, a fact Filmation ignored. And, although they do hunt in the sea, they don't live there like, say, whales.

Call me a stickler, but I think Aquaman's animal companion should be able to live in the sea, don't you?

Bring on Salty, the Seadog. Come on, all you HEAT people; Hal's back now, I've got your new cause!

No comments: