- "Well, it's a perfect mess, now." Monarch has a sense of humor!
- Brains versus brawn.
- "You gonna give him a kiss oR just go through his pockets?" Oh, Joker, you irreverent wag!
- Nice silent Sinestro cameo.
- The future JLA is composed of Legion rejects? So funny, on so many levels. And sad.
- More dead New Gods! YAY! If they made Fatheads of the dead New Gods, I think I'd buy them.
- Brainiac 5, still wearing that horrid magenta jumper with yellow boots; thank goodness!
- Hal's birds. Who says Hal's not witty? Oh, wait; I do.
- I just LOVE the Source's new outfit. Very populux.
- Ah, the Guardians never learn, do they? The Alpha Lanterns do NOT inspire confidence!
- Is Brainiac 5 also a descendent of Fonzie?
- I'm glad Batman doesn't seem to know what's going on in his own book, because neither do I.
- You have to love that one of the steps of Brainy's latest plan is, "Become dictator of my home planet."
- I'm enjoying the UP versus Earth xenophobia storyline in Action, because it reminds me of the White Triangle storyline from the first Waid Legion.
- You did notice those Black Hand symbols in the Guardian's eyes, didn't you? That would be a bad sign... .
- Tusker? Storm-Boy? Golden boy? Eyeful frickin' Ethel? Did DC hire Blockade Boy as a ghost-writer?
- As I always suspected, the New Gods are just the mushrooms that grew up on the corpses of the REAL gods.
- Oh, my god. Earth-Man is, essentially, the Composite Superman. Fabulous.
- I got the Batman & The Outsiders Showcase. If you think I hated Halo and Geo-Force before, you ain't seen nothing yet.
- C'mon; give Crane the ring! At least for a week or two!
- Whoa; crabby Scott Free is even worse than crabby Aquaman.
- Yera Allon; yay!
- NO. Not "swear us the chosen"; regardless of sequence, the case of the subject remain nominative. it needs to be "swear we the chosen". Now.
- There seems to be an epidemic of "King Lear poses" among villains. Darkseid, sit up or just buy a recliner!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Things That Made Me Happy...
in my comics this week.