Thursday, May 08, 2008

Theory That May Not Hold Water

So, it's really nice that Final Crisis comprises major elements focused on each of the original members of the JLA.

  • Batman has "Batman R.I.P."
  • Superman has "the Legion of Three Worlds".
  • Wonder Woman has this new "Manazons" thing going on.
  • Green Lantern gets the "Darkest Night".
  • The Flash gets to come back from the dead (and with Revenge of the Rogues, maybe Flash-- Wally West, that is-- gets to die, as well).
  • Martian Manhunter gets to go out in a blaze of glory courtesy of "The Human Flame".
  • And Aquaman...

oh, yeah.

Which leads me to my crazy zany theory....

Aquaman will return at the end of Final Crisis.


I don't know how. But my theory hinges on the fact that so very much attention is being so very consciously drawn to each and every other member of the original JLA, that misdirection might be part of it. After all, so much is already known about Final Crisis, that bringing back Aquaman is the only surprise they could still surprise us with.

All I have to say is, if it does happen, you read it here first.... .

16 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

Morrison does like his Magnificent Seven...

Anonymous said...

Check out the NY Comicon podcast at the DC page. During one of the Final Crisis forums Morrison says that Aquaman shows up in issue 3 riding a seahorse. From the context it seems he meant the original Aquaman. You then hear Didio say something to the effect of "Did he just say what I think he said?"

-AP

Journals said...

One of the items on the "new" chalkboard that DC is shown is the words "Kings Reborn"

Jon said...

I hope you're right, or right enough that he just comes back in FC. Frankly, I don't even need an explanation, he could just show up and I'd be happy.

*Aquaman walks in to JLA HQ*
Arthur: "Hello everyone"
Everyone: "Oh hey Arthur, how's it going?"
*things carry on normally*

Done, and we can all just forget about the last 2 years. Except Tad Williams, someone get him back.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Jon...I haven't been too happy with Aquaman in the last couple of years so...if he just walks in says hi with no explanation...I'd be happy too. I'll make up something in my head for his explanation...i am sure it would be much better than what they could explain :)

Anonymous said...

Final Crisis ends close to the end of the year, right. Maybe Aquaman could walk into the JLA/JSA annual holiday get together carrying the cranberry sauce.

And yes, get Tad Williams back!

SallyP said...

We NEED Aquaman.

Anonymous said...

I don't even need an explanation, he could just show up and I'd be happy.

Wouldn't be the first time a "Man From Atlantis" that everyone thought dead stepped out of the shower alive and everyone went on as normal, would it?

Unknown said...

Can someone please tell me when Barry came back?

Brushwood said...

Ah, I can hear the 60s cartoon theme already

Scipio said...

"Ack-waman... swift and powuhful monahrch of the ocean!"

Anonymous said...

You say Ack-waman, I say Ock-waman...let's call the whole thing off.

Anonymous said...

I think this theory holds water, indeed.

DC has proven willing to back away from their otherwise bad ideas (Spoiler/Nightwing/and even Barry ymmv), and yet they kept indicating that they couldn't reverse Arthur.

I believe this will be because Morrison was already weaving the story and inevitable return into Final Crisis. Something they needed Aquamullet for. Or something very much like it.

Keep hope alive.

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Very interesting theory. I hope you are right. Even if it's the Sword of Atlantis Aquaman, I'd be fine with that as long as he's appearing monthly somewhere again.

However, I have to take issue with the Tad Williams requests. I would much rather have Kurt Busiek back. Just my two cents on that one.

Final comment: I LOVE your banner with Vibe in the center. Awesome!

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com

Anonymous said...

maybe barry allen could come back... not as the flash, not as libra, but as aquaman!

B.G. Christensen said...

Sexy makes a good point.