It's not that weren't things that "Made Me Happy"; there surely were. The entirety of El Escarabajo Azul and the Super-Friends versus the dinosaurs, for example.
But my primary reaction this week was terror. Sheer, delicious terror!
- The villain in Action comics, revealed. Shudder. Not many villains really scare me; that's one of them.
- The Black Glove and the Black Hand.
- The bodies of Triplicate Girl and Karate Kid-- nothing more than clues.
- Starboy, who's seeming less like comedy relief than scary-crazy.
- The Joker's attempts to communicate with Batman.
- The Anti-Amazons, and the force behind them.
- Seeing Hal Jordan get his ring (really, what could be more terrifying than that?)
- The "hand" imagery that permeates DCU #0, just like the Hand of Creation the Krona should never have seen.
- "I never paid attention to his powers." God, Hal Jordan terrifies me.
- The skies grow red.
- The return of the unreturnable.
- Mike. Ye gods, it really is Mike, after all these years... .
- The real, honest-to-Infantino skyline of Central City, in all its horrifying bizarre glory.
The rainbow corps, the death of Karate Kid, Batman RIP, the Three Legions, the Human Flame, and more... it really is part of one big story.
And it terrifies me.
I'm sorry, I can't understand what could possibly be more terrifying this week then Adam Strange Archives Vol. 3.
The cloud creature that devours time, Flying mountains, The thousand year old Rannian version of Lex Luthor, and the Giant Ray Gun coming back as a plot point!
Do you think my ex an her horrifying fashion accessory will appear in "Legion of Three Worlds"? Nothing more terrifying than *that*...
The sheer panache...or should I say chutzpah, that Hal Jordan manages to display in the face of his own ignorance IS terrifying. No wonder John Stewart always looks like he's about to have a stroke.
Yep, Hal is pretty stupid. Or, pretty but stupid. Be afraid! Be VERY afraid!
El Escarabajo Azul was a really nice try to make a comic in spanish but had too many mistakes to be called great.
Quite a few of the translations read like they were made using Google.
What annoys me is that it would be highly reviewed just for the "cool" idea. They could have done it better. Easily.
We must have just about the same reading list, since I almost always recognize each of your "Happy things" (or "Terror things" this week). Your reference to Mike has thrown me though. Which comic should I read to get that reference? Thanks!
Mike is the Human Flame, and appears in DC Universe #0.
I should have realized that from your recent series about him. Sorry to have bothered you as I must be brain dead today. Thanks for the help!
Well, I just *loved* the incredible sense of Unstoppable Doom that permeated that comic.
"There was a war in heaven...and evil won"
I adore it when Morrison and Johns get all overblown with their prose style like that. It's both ridiculous and fabulous, just how I like my comicsqkezxr.
Who is the unreturnable? Are you referring to Libra, the guy who appeared in one issue of Justice League way back in the 1970's?
Nope! Can't spoil it for you.
Ewww. What comic were the bodies of Trip and KK in?
Ariel - Action Comics
Post a Comment