- "If it's one thing I've learned on this job, it's that you should never trust evil gorillas." I don't care what you say; I like Tom Tresser. He's not just a major hottie, he's a funny one, too.
- Who would have thought that Judd Winick and Hal Jordan would be two bad tastes that taste very very funny together?
- Ray Palmer, doing what he does best.
- I want a Duel Eknham/Two-Face team-up. NOW. And, for the former, a Heroclix figure (a dual, of course).
- Okay, tell us who that Aquaman baddie was who doesn't have a webpage. Because we can fix that in a day.
- The Arrow Family's unorthodox interrogation techniques.
- The guy with the orange in his crotch in Comic Book Comics. "Citro! He's not just for breakfast anymore!"
- Swamp Thing Say Relax...?
- Superman versus the Toyman.
- Adam Strange's masterful understatement, "I know how you feel."
- Okay, the open, blooded hand of Wonder Woman was one of the most powerful images I have seen in a very long time.
- The Return of Giant Turtle Man Olsen.
- Actually, "bastards" and "asses" do not rhyme.
- "Faceless drones smell like catnip to me!" Ah, the Rolling Wit of Pantha!
- The original Blue Beetle, armed with a plunger, shouting "It's Guiliani time!"
- Beating Donny Troy senseless using Kyle Rayner as a club is one of comic's most delightful and presumably intentional instances of symbolism.
- The question, "You don't have a girlfriend, do you?", wasn't really funny. But the answer sure was!
- Well, I know one Green Lantern who's not a member of PETA.
- Etta Candy single-handed stands down an unbeatable race of near-omnipotent worldkillers. Because she's Etta Candy, and she can.
- One Thanagarian's definition of happiness.
- Pantha got SHOT?! Editorial! Who messed up the opportunity to decapitate her a second time?!
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Things That Made Me Happy...
in my comics this week.