- Topo. Unlike the Atlanteans, I'm always delighted to see Topo. Although I suppose we won't be seeing him play any instruments any more.
- "You enormous oaf." GODS, I just LOVE that man. He's really the only person who could/would say such a thing.
- Third-world terrorists? The real world. Third-world terrorists in high-tech ant costumes? Comic books.
- Is Swatt the new version of one of my favorite supervillains from the Pfeiffer-Gleason Era?
- I think Dr Veritas is only studying the hideous body-horror results of alien-mutant-viral proliferation so that she can do something about her hair color.
- So, do you think they took something out of that Atlantean or put something into him? Because those stitches are there for a reason.
- Always good to see Lion-Mane, although I prefer him with fewer limbs.
- Hm. I didn't recognize "the Boss". But I suppose it no longer matters, eh?
- Like Batman, I found that funny.
- Scavenger may not be a very flashy villian, but he's obviously pretty slick.
- Reading "super-immune-system" gave me a Silver Age rush.
- So did the "vapor bats".
- Why "Dr. Fate" has a silly name.
- Speaking of silly names, I don't know that they've ever actually called it "the Tumbler" in comics books before, but I was amused they did.
- Never has the Penguin used an umbrella more poignantly.
- Looks like Grant Morrison's version of Lex Luthor lasted about as long as a sneeze, and had much less impact.
- Well, that's a place I didn't expect Mera's husband to show up, and apparently neither did she.
- Batman hates sarcasm.
- ATTACK OF THE SPHINX! Where's Prof. McElroy when you need him?
- Speaking of which, I couldn't read that final narration box in Batwing without hearing William Dozier's voice. If that's how it's going to be, count me in.
Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Things That Made Me Happy....
...in my comics this week.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Topo? What's next. Peter Puffer Fish?
If he's anything like Topo, I certainly hope so.
It WAS delightful to see Topo again...although I am not sure that the rest of the Atlanteans quite thought so.
Now...if he would just ride a giant sea-horse!
Yup, giant sea horse is required. Of course, with the way sea horses swim, they wouldn't be a very fast mode of transport. I also enjoy Lion-Mane, and I was rather intrigued by his new look. It's different, that's for sure.
BTW, who was your favorite supervillain from the Pfeiffer Gleason era?
Post a Comment