- Always good to see Wonder Woman versus a nuclear missile.
- A visit from Cabal. Okay, that's actually something that happened in my comic book store, but that's close enough.
- 57 cents.
- Ah, so THAT's why Thom got a job as a gravedigger. Wasn't expecting that. But, as always, Brainy forced it to make sense.
- Superman was fascinating this week, without a Superman at all. Robinson, doing what he does best, has made Metropolis and its characters come alive.
- Whoa. Magical Siamese elephants.
- The Riddler starts Gotham Sirens, I see... .
- The nameless tombstone.
- "Another room full of ice. I'm starting to sense a pattern." I always loved that little guy!
- A dog in a dentist's office is one thing; but an owl...?
- Orange versus Blue and Green. With Violet and Red and Yellow lurking in the wings. Oh, this is going to be one sweet and pretty war... .
- "I followed it step-by-step with little success." Not only one of my favorite character's but one of comics' greatest comedians.
- Eating the candles.
- The power of Lex Luthor's hair.
- T.O. Morrow might destroy you, but he doesn't want to see you cry.
- Al makes Grant sing.
- "Leviathan, is that you?" Yeah, I cried.
- Okay, that return/reveal was definitely worth a two-page spread.
- "Everyone like ice cream."
- While Two-Face was poorly characterized in Gotham Underground, everyone else was just great, and I enjoy their interaction.
- That's... not what I expected from the Time Trapper.
- Ares' gift looks... unpleasant.
- Zatara vs. Jimmy Olsen; advantage, Olsen.
- Hal's attitude toward "stealth" as a "superpower".
- And, of course, it's good to see Central City still looking as ridiculous as ever, just as it should...
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Things That Made Me Happy
... in my comic books this week.