But it does give me a lot of questions that maybe you, my readers, can answer:
Obviously, Brainiac/Telos maintains the basics (somehow) of water and power and waste. But...
- Where does the food come from? Is it human food or space-zoo food?
- How do they re-purpose the airports?
- Is there telecommunication? Because that doesn't really work with the national network, and satellites, 'n' stuff.
- Is there still TV and radio, and it's all local? Gosh that must be not all that exciting. Except, what a great opportunity for local entertainers to become STARS!
- Do all the hotels shut down? Because without tourists, you don't need hotels.
- Do museums become really popular because there is nothing else to do, or really boring because the exhibits don't get refreshed?
- Do people still bother to go to work if all their needs are being taken care of?
- How are migratory birds affected?
- Do police (et al.) run out of ammo?
- Did Brainaic actually study any of what was going on in these cities? If so, what did he study and how?
- There are a lot of cities. Just on Earth. Did Brainaic really only choose ones with high-selling superheroes living/extremely-conveniently-visiting them?
- So, there's no....weather? No rain?