Well, that's ONE way to solve your costume storage problems. Team up with Blue Beetle, any one?
Carter as a linguist/cryptologist.
- Barry's nerdgasms.
- Of course Barry has a lab in his apartment.
- See?! I'm not the only person who doesn't like Iris.
- Pushy, impatient Iris versus slow, methodical Barry.
- Nice visual effects! SPLASH!
- Strong neo-urbanism and urban renewal vibe! This seems to be a theme all across the DCU. It's appeared in Superman, in Batman, and now in Flash. I approve wholeheartedly.
- Aquaman leaps onto tall buildings with a single bound (or two).
- Oh, and he tosses buses around, which is the modern equivalent of punching through submarines.
- "Screw Atlantis and all the jerks who live there; better yet, forget Atlantis, let's screw each other while making a life on land." Boom; Aquaman is back on track.
- "Responsibility". You can complain all you want about Geoff Johns' putative bloodlust. Nobody can reinvent a character's backstory/motivation in two or three panels like he does. He is by far the most efficient re-inventor in all of comics.
- "I don't talk to fish; fish can't talk; I control their tiny brains with my aquatelepathy." Again, boom.
- Jeez, bloggers are all insensitive assholes, aren't they?
- Aquaman hair is perfect. All the time. And it gets noticed.
- Daily Planet 2.0. This whole approach is brilliant and the script does a great job of showing journalistic synergy across media.
- Morgan Edge as NOT a total bastard.
- Lois as the kind of person who leapt at the chance to get on camera and who is more about the flashy exclusive.
- Perry as a silver fox (woof!).
- Clark as the in-depth interview reporter, more 'old-fashioned' rather than 'mild-mannered'. Who, unfortunately, writes florid, drippy, non-reportery prose (because, well... comic book writers are not reporters).
- One's a hideously scarred morally ambiguous bounty hunter; one's an effete Oedipally fixated physician and budding psychopath; together they fight crime!
- Polyglot psychokillers who leave clues in Latin.
- Mayor Cobblepot. I don't think anyone made me smile as much as that one. It's something I've been waiting for for years in the mainstream DCU, yet it came as a complete surprise, and bodes well for the use of the Penguin in the New DCU.
Justice League Dark
- Speaking of Latin... people dying from a sudden hailstorm of books written in dead language. Yay, that's the weird side of DC that I've been waiting to see again!
- Having supersenses isn't always a benefit, is it, Clark?
- Superman versus a blizzard of old teeth.
- Starting with the recurring threat of crazy Junie Moone is just the right way to start for this title!
- Shade. When I heard the line up for this team, I thought "ugh, not Shade the Changing Man, why don't they let that rest?" Now that I've read it, he's the member who interests me the most.