Saturday, August 22, 2026

JuJuBit Profile: Doll Man


Crazy, crazy, Doll Man.

Crazy from the very start.

Darrel "Doll Man" Dane.

Sure, Darrel. That is the sanest reaction to being six inches tall I can imagine.


Comic's first shrinking hero (I think).  

Whose greatest enemy was an empty Dress Suit.

In choosing a dial, there are a number of other shrinking heroes I could have used (The Atom, Ant-Man, and the Wasp, chief among them).  

I chose...

none of them.



I swear, he's not overcompensating.

Yes, Doll Man is a Tiny hero and needs a dial with the Tiny symbol (it makes a character harder to hit and easier to carry by his friends).  But more figures that just shrinking heroes have the Tiny Symbol.  And I wanted a dial that capture of bit of the CRAZY that is Doll Man. So I chose:



Yes, the Wonder Twins' pesky pet, the horrible and chaotic space monkey Gleek, turns out to have a pretty good dial for Doll Man. Leap-Climb and Flurry for Doll Man's two-fisted bravado, Superstrength and Invulnerability (both of which his stories demonstrate for his tiny form), and, most essentially, PERPLEX to represent Doll Man's erratic nature.

Here's how that looks translated to Doll Man.

Like Doll Man, the dial is short but sweet.

Doll Man will be a great figure on an Atom team, barrelling in opponents ready to clobber them with, um, a pencil, or confounding them with his antics at a distance.  

No comments: