Saturday, August 22, 2009

Clip Week 1

I am out of reach this week for very pleasant reasons. Rather than time-release posts without being to attend to the commentary thereupon, I'm offering a retrospective on some of our favorite topics here. [I've noticed that the labels function on Blogger doesn't always pull everything, which is why I'm not just using that to do so.]

Today's topic is one of our specialties and a bone of contention for many:
The Difference Between DC and Marvel.

The Difference between DC and Marvel, I
The Difference between DC and Marvel, II
Why Gorillas are in Comic Books
Marvel Musings
A Serious Difference between DC and Marvel
The Legion
Thus Stalks the Dazzler
Why Vibe is Nothing Like Dazzler
This Diva, This Monster!
The Absorbascon reads Spider-Man, Again
There's a Skrull in My Sub
Ivory Soap
All that No Longer Glitters
Anti-populist Rant
Marvel gets it and DC doesn't
Cerealized Fiction

5 comments:

Redforce said...

"Very Pleasant Reasons", huh?
Guess that gold-plated Dr. Domino clix was finally finished.

Will said...

Always was a big fan of these articles.

They helped me a lot when I was writing my thesis.

LissBirds said...

^You wrote a thesis about comic books? Do share.

**

And the Marvel vs. DC posts are really illuminating. I knew I gravitated towards DC but I never knew the reason. Scipio hit the nail on the head.

TotalToyz said...

Guess that gold-plated Dr. Domino clix was finally finished.

Nope, I'm still working on that.

Seriously, I hope we'll learn about these "pleasant reasons" soon, but whatever they are, enjoy them. We've all got enough crap in our lives that we can use some pleasant stuff here and there. Bravo, Scip my friend.

steve mitchell said...

Thanks for the look back. Much of this was from before I discovered the Absorbascon, so I'm glad to have the chance to read it now.

But I guess I'm one of those "Gee, I'd sure like to see Vibe date She-Hulk" persons you'd like to kill, since I find merit in both companies and enjoy their different approaches to telling comic book stories.

(Eclipso and M.O.D.A.M. would be kind of hot, too!)