Let's have a little fun with this volume. I'll give you quotes from it and you'll have to guess who said them, and if possible to whom and why. NO FAIR looking in the book itself! You have to rely on your own facility for "Silver Age logic".
- "While you're at it, why don't you rub noses? Haven't you ever heard of kissing a girl on the lips?"
- "I -- I need time to think! We mustn't rush into a hasty marriage we might both regret later!"
- "I daren't be seen without a hat. Luckily, it's customary for reporters to wear hats ... even indoors at work!"
- "Don't be so impulsive; this room is full of evil-smelling vapors!"
- "Who do you think you are, Mr. Mxyzptlk, the silly sprite from the 5th dimension who goes back to his world only if he says his name backwards?"
- "I wanted to learn first-hand if you are as wonderful as reported. Frankly, I am not disappointed!"
- "I captured Superboy through his sheer dumbness!"
- "Get out, you midget burglar, before I call the police!"
- "Jonathan is a quiet-spoken young farmer who loves the girl, but he's getting severe competition from Gregg Halliday, a handsome smooth banker, who recently arrived in Smallville. The pity of it is that the banker is really a swindler who has hidden stolen bonds in a secret hiding place inside that statue of himself."
- "Lois thinks Clark is a weakling! No romance is possible between them unless I first make her admire Clark!
Remember; no peaking!