- Jimmy Olsen,
- Professor Radium,
- Silver Age Batwoman
- Regular Vibe
- Breakdance-Fighting Vibe
- The Mist
- The Original Red Hood
- The Sea Devils
- The Gentleman Ghost
- The Fadeaway Man
- The Golden Age Starman
- The Metal Men
- Golden Eagle
Lately, we've been branching out into creating bystander tokens (a.k.a. "pogs") , such as:
- Thought Robots
- Judd Winick
- Majorette Brenda
- the Rolling Head of Pantha and Her Amazing Friends
- Dale Gunn, the Irresistible Man
- Fear-Gas Induced Phobias
We'll continue to do all of that, but we're also going to take the next step, by contributing some Object Tokens.
As Heroclix players know, there are two types of Object Tokens, standard objects (which come in two flavors: yellow-bordered Light Objects and red-bordered Heavy Objects) and special objects.
Standard objects are just blunt instruments; characters with Superstrength are allowed to pick them up and smash them over people's heads or throw them at opponents. Many's the Heroclix player who has, over the years, developed a phobia of gumball machines and trash dumpsters.
Special objects (which have a blue border) do special things, like blow up when you throw them or affect the adjacent spaces.
We're going to add our own types of "special objects": green-bordered Portable Objects (which anyone can pick up and carry) and purple-bordered Personal Objects (which only certain people can use). These objects will all have a "point value"; that way, you can either include them as part of your team, or, if all players agree, simply include them in the ordinary distribution of objects around the board.
There are tons of objects we could make; I welcome your suggestions! In fact, I'll make you a deal: if you buy a custom clix from Totaltoyz through the Big Monkey Ebay site, I'll design you an object or bystander token of your choosing -- for free! -- then post it here on the blog for all to enjoy. Provided the request is reasonable and appropriate, of course; no "Power Girl's panties" requests will be honored.
When conceiving this project, I had no doubt whatsoever which would be the first Portable Object I would make...
Faster than a test pilot's reflexes!
More powerful than a Green Lantern's will!
Able to "klomp" Hal Jordan in a single sound!
Special Yellow Lamp Rules
- Anyone may throw the Yellow Lamp up to four spaces as an attack.
- Characters with "Superstrength" may throw it up to eight spaces.
- If the attack succeeds, the Yellow Lamp does one click of damage.
- If the attack is against anyone wearing a GL ring, it ignores all protective powers (those that reduce damage, avoid damage or increase defensive value).
- If the attack is against Hal Jordan, it automatically succeeds; no dice roll is necessary.
- If the attack is against Hal Jordan, it not only does damage, but "Incapacitates" as well.