I did see and positively review "Superman Returns", but still I feel the need to list
Ten Reasons Batman has More Fans than Superman
1. Reading Batman doesn't require you to learn a foreign language.
2. Almost anyone can look okay in Batman suit; almost no one looks good in a Superman suit.
3. Batman is not to blame for the Composite Superman; Superman is.
4. Batman doesn't get kinky with his villains (that's what youthful wards are for).
5. Batman has a different woman every issue, or at least, every writer. Superman has Lois, who likes to dress up like Batwoman, and we all know what that means.
6. You can convince regular people that Batman is realistic.
7. People actually like Batman's sidekick.
8. Batman has enough eye-popping villains to populate a small town; Superman's only real villain is a generic bald smart guy.
9. Mild-mannered schlub, who gets pushed around by his boss at a newspaper, and spends more time fussing over personal situations with his friends and colleagues than actually fighting the fourth-rate villains who come to town; yeah, Superman is way too much like Spider-Man.
10. Alfred is cooler than everyone in Metropolis put together.