Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Things That Made Me Happy

...in my comics this week.

  • Garfield ups his game.
  • Oh, well, then.... gravity cables. That's how you lift Manhattan.
  • Deathstrokes' Solomonic solution.
  • OMG, Inferno makes me HOT (appropriately enough).
  • Truth be told, gorillas are lousy in bed. Even giant ones.
  • They didn't downplay Static's powers, did they?
  • The brevity of Kay's reprieve.
  • So, like the Fantastic Four representing the four elements, I guess this foursome represent Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation, Tom of Finland Fetishism, Bondage, and Golden Showers?
  • Vandal's night mask.
  • Uh, Lois? Don't you think that's overkill on the locks?
  • Abuse.
  • Black Lightning and Static are the new Batman and Robin.
  • "It's a dead body. Get used to it."
  • OMG, Holocaust makes me HOT (appropriately enough).
  • Commissioner Gordon's biggest fan.
  • I give up... what ARE those numbers?
  • "Who is Batgirl?" is the new "Who is Superwoman?"
  • Power Girl doesn't really need to do anything on her covers, does she?
  • Dini's Harley Quin goes shopping.
  • Oh, of course, Sam Lane knew him.
  • Kate Spencer's gutsy speech.
  • OMG, Firefly makes everyone HOT!
  • The Red Circle articles.
  • Hey, Jeff Pierce is fireproof!
  • Batman takes his shot.
  • The Origin of the Ultra-Humanite.
  • If Lana Lang is dying, why aren't I happier?

13 comments:

Your Obedient Serpent said...

Wrong Lana.

Unlike her Smallville counterpart and her Silver Age incarnation, the only real sin of the Post-Crisis, post-Infinite Crisis Lana is that John Byrne inexplicably considers her to be Clark's OTP.

New Earth Lana Lang is Mostly Harmless, and thus, finding that she's dying is like finding that Earth Itself is dying.

I mean an IMPORTANT Earth, not one of those that poofs out of existence every decade or two.

Scipio said...

OTP?

Marcos said...

One True Partner, I'm guessing...

Marcos said...

Ah, Pairing, not Partner. Fanfic term.

Anonymous said...

I'm still wondering why Ultra-Humanite isn't dead. I'm almost certain him and his monkey body were explicitly killed over in JSA. If this is a new one they should really have made more of a point of it. Plus, how many albino gorillas can there be in the world?

TotalToyz said...

OK, what is the origin of the Ultra-Humanite??

CandidGamera : said...

I'm wondering how to reconcile this version of the Ultra-Humanite with the old one.

Where was Kate Spencer? Did my comic store get shorted on something?

Scipio said...

"Streets of Gotham". She's the backup feature.

Simon (formerly Johnny Sorrow) said...

Where did your kinky foursome show up?

SallyP said...

It WAS nice to see Manhunter again. And I can't help it, the Ultra-Humanite always just cracks me up.

xanadude28@yahoo.com said...

And the great thing about Inferno is, at least from the preview art, he can be twink boy or leather daddy with the flick of wrist. Two good looks that look good together.



And, I dont get the whole changing the Ultra Humanite origin just to get a cheap bestiality joke and up Satana's cred as a future PG villain.

TotalToyz said...

I still don't know what the Ultra-Humanite's new origin is; it sounds like I don't want to.'

He never had much of an origin in the past, though. In his first appearance he said that "a scientific experiment" resulted in him having a super-powerful brain. I always thought there could be a backstory there. He seemed to be in middle age in 1939; perhaps the experiment was performed on him as a child, around Jonah Hex or Bat Lash time...

Jacob T. Levy said...

I noticed that Black Lightning was fireproof, too, but it didn't Make Me Happy. Seemed like an arbitrary increase in his powers. As far as I can remember, he's never had any kind of invulnerability (any more than Static or Lightning Lad has), unlike Holocaust.

It did, however, Make Me Happy to see Static, Frieda, and Holocaust. Is H. the first Blood Syndicate character to show up in the DCU?