Recently, I received a spate of visits due to someone plugging a very old post from me on "the difference between DC and Marvel".
It's a popular topic among fans of superhero comics. So it seems like a good time to re-post links to some of most salient posts on ...
the Difference Between DC and Marvel
- Is the Blogosphere Lopsided? (The Difference between DC and Marvel is Words versus Pictures)
- The Difference between DC and Marvel, I (The Difference in the Gods and the Message)
- The Difference between DC and Marvel, II (A Commercial Example)
- Why Gorillas are in Comic Books (DC Gorillas versus Marvel Zombies)
- A Serious Difference between DC and Marvel (What Adolescents feel like versus What they Want to feel like)
- The Legion (is the original Marvel Team)
- Thus Stalks the Dazzler (Marvel's Ultimate Mary Sue).
- Why Vibe is Nothing Like Dazzler (How Vibe versus Dazzler personifies DC versus Marvel)
- This Diva, This Monster! (The Difference between DC and Marvel is genre-based)
- There's a Skrull in My Sub (The Difference between DC Big Events and Marvel Big Events)
- Ivory Soap (The Republican party is Marvel and the Democratic Party is DC)
- All that No Longer Glitters (The Difference between DC and Marvel is the Era in which they are rooted)
- Anti-populist Rant (The Difference between DC and Marvel is pop culture references)
- Action for the Mind (DC is Jungian and Marvel is Freudian)
- In Praise of Marvel (The Difference between DC and Marvel is Reflection versus Illumination)
- The Art of Protest (The Difference between DC and Marvel is Writing versus Drawing)
Is there, by the way, an aspect of the difference that I've missed, that I haven't touched on yet? Let me know your thoughts...