Naturally, I had to make myself a special sculpt of Joe Coyne, the Penny Plunderer, who is the epitome of a one-shot Golden Age thematic villain and source of the Batcave's Giant Penny. Honestly, who DOESN'T love the Penny Plunderer?
| Sigh. I really DO deserve to get a better digital camera. |
The sculpt was created on JuJuBit using this pic:
![]() |
| As I've said before, it's a crying shame that John Astin played The Riddler on Batman'66, when Joe Coyne is so clearly the part he was born to play. |
I already have a previous Joe Coyne custom Heroclix, so I needed a new dial for the new sculpt. I wanted a dial that would be a useful support piece rather than a strong one that could successfully take on Batman as a team centerpiece.
![]() |
| Because taking on Batman didn't turn out very well for Joe. |
I specifically wanted him to be a useful assistant for Two-Face, Batman's (MUCH) more prominent coin-related villain. So I chose the one dial almost perfectly designed (unintentionally, I assume) as a complement to Two-Face:
The Gambler has TWO "coin-flipping" mechanics handy, one of which lets Two-Face re-do a coin flip (and Two-Face figures almost always have some sort of mechanic that depends on a coin flip). Giving Two-Face a second chance whenever he flips a coin to do something in the game can be a very useful ability, indeed!
Once I "rebrand" this dial, it looks like this:
He doesn't naturally have the "Batman Enemy Team Ability" but he does have the "Team Player" Team ability (that's the question mark in the circle) that allows him to copy the Team Abilities of other friendly figures. That lets him "borrow" the Batman Enemy TA from another figure (such as Two-Face). His regular powers, without going into detail about them are general about be fast-acting, sneaky, and LUCKY (or unlucky, as the case may be), which is not a bad match with the Penny Plunderer.
His 'coin-re-flipping' power might also come in handy if I play him with the actual Giant Penny.
![]() |
| I'm not sure the Giant Penny would really be helpful, but it sure would feel good thematically.! |





No comments:
Post a Comment