Monday, August 03, 2026

JuJuBit: Wild Dog!

Our next JuJuBit profile is: Wild Dog (a.k.a. RenĂ© Ramirez, as portrayed by Rick Gonzalez on The CW's hit show, Arrow)

Or, more accurately, Wild DogS.

On our left, O.G. Wild Dog, Wild Dog in his original homemade outfit.

Which is VERY comic-book-accurate, by the way.

On our right is Wild Dog 2.0; same guy, but with a new, high-tech outfit (courtesy of Green Arrow's team).  I remain extremely impressed at this design and how it echoes the origin costume, while still looking like modern protective gear.

I also remain impressed that Rick Gonzales could make Wild Dog both the funniest AND most believably badass character on the show (despite stiff competition from Green Arrow and Arsenal in both categories!).

So for two versions of Wild Dog, I wanted a Heroclix dial with two different starting lines, one for each figure.  So I got two of these guys:

Like Wild Dog, Moon Knight is rather a loose cannon.

Adapting this dial for the character looks like this:

I will add the appropriate photo in the circle once I print out the card.

Obviously, a change to appropriate keywords was in order. Also, because RenĂ© Ramirez was a Navy SEAL, I gave him the "Swim" combat symbol (which provides an advantage in water squares).  Speed powers of "running shot" and "charge" (move and make a long-range attack; move and make a short-range attack) capture Wild Dog's "proactive" approach to combat and military experience; so, too, the abilities granted by his special traits.  Triple targeting and improvement movement evoke his 'sleep shooting and keep moving' tactics. Precision Strike attack power lets him do one damage to a hit opponent no matter what damage-reducing powers they might have.  For defense powers, the damage-reducing Toughness and defense-increasing Combat Reflexes represent his armor and military experience.  His damage powers of Perplex and Close Combat Expert similarly evince his unpredictability and combat training.  

Each sculpt will go on one of these dials;  the 2.0 version will go on the 60 point full-dial and the O.G. version will stay set on the 35 point second-starting line version.  That way I have two consistent versions of Wild Dog at different point values, making the character easier to include on various teams (because, in case you didn't notice, I really like Wild Dog).

No comments: