- Superman dresses down Oracle? Ouch.
- The Penguin versus the Whale. Smart money's on the Penguin, who's got thirty years comic book experience on Tobias, and a heck of lot higher Q rating.
- Superman defeated by alien bug monsters on the moon? Excellent.
- Chris Kent's burp.
- Sun Boy sings John Denver? I bet Element Lad taught him that song.
- Dwayne MacDuffie's swift and elegant handling of a "tangential" story.
- Tell me I'm not the only person who laughed when Superman said, "There are some things I just can't fix, and Lana's a dramatic example of that."
- Red Arrow's Christmas gift to Mr. Twister.
- Brilliant new role for Red Tornado; I actually like him that way, and it certainly solves a host of problem (monitor duty not the least among them).
- Catwoman's new haircut, and her cleverness in relying on Calculator following through with his threat.
- Superman in a baseball jacket.
- Oh, my god, Hippolyta's been attacked by Project Runway!
- "While this is a worthwhile cause, there's no need to break the moon, right?"
- "Look, shiny things!"
The Countdown Special #2: The Atom, which is so chock full of Jean Loring Mania that it practically explodes off the page, to say nothing of other loopy loveliness:
The Atom defeats an earthquake with a train.
Aquaman stops a tidal wave with octopuses.
Enrichetta Negrini, more beautiful and smarter than ever.
The Wind Pirate. I mean, really, the Wind Pirate. How long were he and Blockade Boy together, I wonder?
"Our best estimates give us three hours before the pressures within Jean Loring burst free and crush our planet in an orgy of destruction."
Woman Wonder loses to Officer Clean-Up.
The utter lunacy of every panel with the Secret Society of Supervillians in it.
The phallocentric horror of Star Sapphire versus the robot plane.
"The world's most sophisticated electronic billboard."
Jean Loring proposes to Ray Palmer!