Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vibe: The Musical




Vibe!

Break-dancing sensation,
every little step he takes
One
thrilling combination,
every move that he makes

One smile and suddenly nobody else will do

You know you'll never be lonely with you-know-who

One
moment in his presence
and you can forget the rest

For the boy is second best to none, son

Oooh! Sigh! Give him your attention

Do I really have to mention
he's the one

He walks into a room and you know he's
uncommonly rare, very unique

peripatetic, poetic and chic

He walks into a room and you know from his
maddening poise, easy elan

(One
thrilling combination,
every move that he makes
he's a special man)

strolling

Can't help all of his qualities extolling

Loaded with charisma is my
jauntily, sauntering, ambling, shambler

Vibe, and you know you must

Shuffle along, join the parade
he's the quintessence of making the grade
This is whatcha call trav'ling!



Oh strut your stuff!

Can't get enough!

Ooh! Sigh! Give him your attention


Do I really have to mention

Vibe's the one!

15 comments:

Martin Gray said...

Everything is beautiful at the breakdance . . .

Nice one!

SallyP said...

I...I...oh God, those yellow pants! Still, being strangled by a pair of robot hands,is a pretty crappy way to go.

Citizen Scribbler said...

That was awesome, Scipio! The JLD was the League of my childhood and Vibe was my favorite 'cause he was always making with the wisecracks.

But tell me, where is that Julio Mendez quote at the top of the blog from? Is that the same character who was The Flash's pal on the 90s' TV show? God, I loved that show!

-Citizen Scribbler

rich said...

Show tunes. Cute.

Scipio said...

Scribbler:

Yup. He was the only one who could act.

TotalToyz said...

Yup. He was the only one who could act.Oh, I don't know. John Wesley Shipp was almost as bland and uninteresting as the Silver-Age Barry Allen...

Diabolu Frank said...

I always thought you should have been part of the gag, but it wasn't my show, and I wasn't sure if crossovers were your scene. I'm glad you re-purposed all those Rebirth images (mine's the profile, gluing together a Van Sciver Shipwreck and Kyle Rayner.) Your take is fabulous!

Heartiac. said...

Its better than the Superman Musical by a long ways...

TotalToyz said...

Rich, didn't you ever see Scipio's "Rolling Head of Pantha" to the tune of "The Pennsylvania Polka"? Hilarious!

Sea-of-Green said...

Scarily enough, that music from Chorus Line actually GOES with all those panels!

Matthew E said...

"...the family dog is eying Bart's intestine..."

Scipio said...

Yeah, well, I had to record the song today in studio, so it's been running in my head...

Randy Jackson said...

There needs to be a Vibe: Rebirth series. Someone call Geoff Johns, stat!

Dougie said...

That Justice League Unlimited line-up (Batman, Black Lightning, Black Canary, Vibe, Gypsy and Ragman) vs. Mr. Atom was one of my favourites. I miss that comic.

Verification word Tedstion: a home entertainment centre patented by the Golden Age Starman.

Christian Zamora said...

For a moment, I almost fell for the Vibe Rebirth deal! LOL