Friday, December 05, 2008
Born of Meng
Ten Reasons Vibe is Like Jesus:
- Born on the wrong side of town.
- Sported skeevy facial hair.
- Never got married or seen dating a girl.
- Had at least one brother who followed in his footsteps, but is forgotten by almost everyone.
- Led a gang and got in trouble with the law.
- Had powers; occasionally used them for good; mostly used them to show off.
- Hung out with losers (Ralph Dibney and Hank Heywood) and whores (Vixen and Zatanna).
- Died young, and from asphyxiation. And for your sins, I might add.
- Had a storyline where he is resurrected. Several of them, actually.
- Has become more popular since he died.
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Things That Made Me Happy
in comics this week.
- "What are you, his emergency secret weapon?"
- Just keep repeating: "That is not Gaggy. I do not see Gaggy. There is no Gaggy. There never was a Gaggy. Nor will there ever be."
- Continuity comes to Jonah Hex!
- "What's money? Is it important?"
- Good to see the red roadster again!
- And yet another Lex Luthor robot meets an ignominious end.
- "Shock and Awesome" is a great title.
- "Shocker and Awe" is a less great title.
- Oh, Gog's other shoe drops, and a mighty big shoe it is.
- I see nothing wrong with spending $5 million on a personalized helicopter.
- "Invulnerability... failing... bombardment ... hurting!"
- I honestly think that's the first time I've ever seen Jonah laugh.
- The Laughing Contest.
- Best spectral decapitation scene ever!
- Well, that's solves the long-standing "mystery of the Kingdom Come Flash".
- "Did I miss the dream sequence?"
Labels: Things That Made Me Happy
Monday, December 01, 2008
Why Magnus is Better than My Cabbie from the Airport
Because Magnus knows better than to trust his vehicle to a Romanian spare parts company.