- Wait... a... a scar on Hal Jordan's head? A scar on... Hal Jordan's head? BWAHAHAHAHA!
- I'm pretty sure I've never actually seen someone die by banana peel before.
- Okay, I don't pretend to have any idea why Mongul seems to have a detachable while still operable arm; but it is funny.
- "I didn't even realize I had an arch-enemy."
- Luthor and Brainiac are still the best team of villains ever; particularly when they aren't really working together.
- Two-Face was just everywhere this week. And sounding intelligent, like a successful criminal, not like someone who'd have trouble crossing the street. Bully.
- Have I mentioned how wonderful I think it is that the Book of Oa is written in Interlac?
- Finally, a psychologist who says, "No; no, don't bother."
- Two comics with Two-Face and a pizza delivery guy. It's a strange world.
- Captain Action was about 90 times better than it had any right to be; Fabien Nicienza strikes again. Bully for you, Moonstone. I think I need to start reading more Moonstone.
- So, who taught Batman how to make his nipples look like his eyes? I'm betting it was the Phantom Stranger.
- XXX...! XXX...! XXX...!
- He becomes a folk hero for robbing banks? Diamondrock's right, the Marvel Universe is full of idiots.
- "Doctor Wing"; heh, nice one.
- When did the Lone Ranger become a Vertigo book? You deserve to read the Lone Ranger.
- The Creature Commandos? Ultraa the Multi-Alien? Action is officially insane. In the best possible way.
- Okay, I don't think they make a Twelve-Step program for that.
- Nightwing's secret is being rather strongly hinted at, isn't it? Too strongly...?
- I always thought Valhalla Cemetery was a dumb idea.
- Booster didn't notice the modern art, but I spotted it right away; did you?
- The Blank. Spider-Man's rogue's gallery is having quiet a renaissance, isn't it?
- My gods, I have the hots for naked Brainiac....
- Do I actually... miss Judd Winick on GA/BC? Who I am, and what have I done with Scipio Garling?
- "I am the god of progress."
- NOT the midwife you want helping you. Really.
- The difference between Brainiac and Luthor, succinctly explained.
- "You meant bow and arrows, didn't you?" ROTFL!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Things That Made Me Happy
in this week's comics.