- "Why?" Sometimes, I understand the appeal of Hal Jordan.
- The Queen of Fables a perfect foe for the mythological Wonder Woman, and is her "Mxyzptlk".
- Freddie the archeologist.
- Mia uses her lipstick.
- The highly symbolic irony of why Clark doesn't hear his name.
- The Joker's fingerprints.
- Mark's little brother Oliver scares me. A lot.
- The Guardians are every Board of Directors you've ever known.
- Gorillas who appear familiar with Aristotle's Poetics.
- Superman defeating a snotty foe by simply beating the snot of out them, showing that violence is sometimes the answer.
- Wonder Woman defeating a snotty foe by simply beating the snot of out them, showing that violence is sometimes the answer.
- "Dead is good".
- Batman versus Catman.
- Speedy and Dodger's charming romance.
- "I didn't even know I was capable of having a migraine."
- Watch the various Lanterns and their Corps mutually cause one another.
- "Money will be paid for each drop of agony they suffer." Gail really does have a way with the villains, doesn't she?
- Hey, look, kids; Wonder Woman in bondage!
- Connor is both more and less than alright, it seems.
- Remind me never to go to a restaurant with Mongul.
- Wonder Woman's meta-commentary on the delay in her movie.
- "He's just a puffed-up egotist with no impulse control."
- Not to be rude, but if Holly Shancoe's that stupid, shouldn't she be dead already?
- Ornament-things. It's your new favorite word.
- "Rock on" is perhaps the most amusing battle-cry I've ever heard.
- I think that scarred Guardian may actually be dead.
- Honestly, every single page of Action Comics, an utter masterwork in characterization and using characters as symbols.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Things That Made Me Happy....
in my comics this week: