- There were dogs all over Manhunter this week, which is good, because, while there are dogs all over the place in real life, you seldom see any in comic books.
- Nightwing and the god of fractions.
- You're pretty much asking for it, if your weapon has to be plugged in while you're fighting.
- Supergirl plays guitar?
- Walt Disney goes off the deep end in Comic Book Comics #2. Why aren't you reading Comic Book Comics?
- Jonah Hex versus the blueberry pie.
- Uberfraulein, indeed.
- Okay, even though this is the same "Darkseid takes over the Earth when we're not looking" plot that Morrison used just as incomprehensibly in his JLA run, Final Crisis #3 will still be remembered well because it returns both Barry Allen and the real Aquaman.
- Thor survives.
- Spoiler's secret is a doozy, and I wasn't expecting it.
- Supergirl sews?
- "There's no basement in the Alamo."
- There he is: the mysterious new Aquaman, looking exactly as he should and riding a giant sea horse. Of course, I might have preferred that his historic first words not be "Article X?"
- Suicide Squad? Okay, that's a surprise.
- Based of Hush's opinion of Zatanna, I think he reads this blog.
- Supergirl paints?
- Obviously, the most evil of the Evil Gods is the one who did Mary Marvel's hair.
- "This is highly implausible ... yet poetically appropriate!"
- Supergirl's designing herself a new costume!
- Two-Face, finding an evil way to do something good.
- Mr. Tawky Tawny-- still a sharp dresser.
- That's ... quite a lot of firewood, Jonah.
- The connection with the Scarecrow has finally made this character remotely interesting; nice move, Paul.
- Wait... did the Human Flame just call something "gay"? BWAHAHAHA!
- "I'd know that aura anywhere."
- Lex Luthor, renounce science? Somehow, I don't see that happening.
- Jonah Hex versus the Bible.
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Things That Made Me Happy
...in my comics this week.