Saturday, February 18, 2006

Big Monkey Manual (part 1?)

As some of you may know, I own (with others) some comic book stores. The employees deserve a store manual, but I thought, being a comic book store, that some illustrations would be in order.

Obviously, it's going to need more than I've got here, but this is what I have so far, and I really want your opinion!

Please keep the restroom fresh.
Cleaning the store can be fun!
The manager can help you with the safe, if necessary.

The manager shouldn't have to prompt you to attend to visitors!
Chat with customers to learn what they're interested in.
Don't take it personally if your manager offers constructive criticism.
Make sure the store is always prepared to receive visitors.
Always remember, there are other stores the customer could have chosen!

12 comments:

Scipio said...

Good! If there's a good public response, I'll try to offer more Comic Book Retail Illustrated...

Chris Griswold said...

"World far ahead!"

I read the article, so I get the joke!

Dorian said...

Man, we could have used something like this when I worked in comics retail.

Well, not me and Mike so much as the guys who worked on the game side.

Mike and I were perfect employees.

Anonymous said...

Very entertaining. I think this is an effective and clever way of getting your point across. In other words...Good Public Response, right here. Can't wait to see more.

Sleestak said...

"Please keep the bathroom fresh"
http://tinyurl.com/djtzg
From Skrull Kill Krew #2

Anonymous said...

I guess it doesn't hurt to have James Lipton administer your psychiatric evaluations.

Scipio said...

AND employees find it very flattering!

Chance said...

That is several different kinds of awesome. I'd love reading that manual.

Anonymous said...

What are "thought-robots" exactly? Are they super intelligent robots, robots controled by that guy's thoughts, or robots made of thoughts? I'm dying to know.

Word verification: dkpls. Ewww!

Scipio said...

Mind-controlled humans.

It's a Starman thing.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I believe I am going to borrow this for the next employee meeting at the bookstore I manage.

Anonymous said...

If only Hawkgirl would clean my store like that...

-Mindbender