Tuesday, August 04, 2026

JuJuBit: Bull's-Eye

 Our next JuJuBit figure profile is BULL'S-EYE.

or, as he is less actionably known, Leapo the Clown.

As you may remember, Bull's-Eye is the completely original one-of-a-kind clown-like villain who used to battle Green Arrow in the Golden Age.

There's no backstory as to how his face got That Way (or whether he just wears elaborate make-up while lounging around the hideout).  You don't have to be that deep to be Green Arrow's nemesis.

"Battle" is rather a strong word.  

God, I love Bull's-Eye.  Never any elaborate traps or devices; he simply clobbers Green Arrow with whatever happens to be lying around. He's an improv comic.

Mostly Bull's-Eye made a fool out of Green Arrow (no challenge there) until the very end where he would be caught through some turn of bad luck. As if being a Green Arrow villain were not bad luck enough!


Bull's-Eye schtick was that. he was a former acrobatic clown ("Leapo") whose specially was dodging projectiles, making him the perfect living target to confound Green Arrow.

Confounding Green Arrow is fun but not especially difficult.

The JuJubit sculpt was based on this image of B-E:

That signature is George Papp, co-creator of Green Arrow.

Given his schtick, I knew that his Heroclix dial would need to grant him "Leap/Climb" (a mobility power that allows easily change elevations and escape from opponents) and some other powers that might make him difficult to hit.  I also wanted him to be a low-cost figure so that he would be easily added to teams; a "harasser" rather than a "tentpole".

So, I chose this dial:

Some obscure Marvel menace, I believe.

It has two "move and attack" powers (Running Shot and Charge) and three "hit avoidance powers" (Deflection, Combat Reflexes and the Super-senses granted by his team ability), all of which is perfect for his M.O. of attacking on the go and being hard to hit.  The trait that grants leap/climb and a free change of elevation screams "Leapo"!  And he has power Ranged Combat Expert and Close Combat Expert (which shows he's both a crack shot and wicked hand-to-hand opponent).  The Wildcard team ability (that's the Question Mark in a circle) allows him to fit in on any team of villains.  Plus, he's got TWO starting lines, meaning you can play him at a more threatening 50 points or at a still spicy 25 points.

It looks like this on his customized card:



I have a lot of customized Green Arrow villains in Heroclix (e.g., the Red Dart and the Octopus), but Leapo is going to be my favorite!

4 comments:

Bruce said...

Greetings to the only other living fan of Bull's-Eye. I actually found your blog while looking up dear old Leapo to prove to my friend that the Golden Age had a better clown villain than that creep who hid out in Gotham's cemetery.
I love what I've read so far.

Scipio said...

"that creep who hid out in Gotham's cemetery." Ha! I actually know the story that refers to! I would like to imagine that That Creep is ALSO a fan of Bull's-Eye!

Bruce said...

I'm sure he is! Leapo, however, would probably think The Creep's more recent incarnations have lost the ideal: crime for comedy. Leapo isn't some mass-murdering edgelord: he's in it for the game.
I'd love to see Joker and Trickster both being fans of the OG, but Leapo only respecting Trickster and dismissing Joker as a barbaric poser.
Also, I have a theory as to how Bull's-Eye can work in the modern age. Hint: human Mxy.

Scipio said...

I just want a universe where Bull's-Eye is part of the Jesters' League of America from Earth-508, along with the Joker, the Prankster, Punch & Jewelee, the Trickster, and Harley Quinn.