- Jimmy Olsen having sex. Yet it still manages to be squeaky clean.
- I can certainly understand why most of the Rogues consider Grodd a threat, but I'm glad at least some of them find him disarming.
- While I don't like Kara being irascible and quick to judge (like teenagers can be), I must admit that after decades of watching her pig-tailed subservience as Superman's 'secret weapon', it's actually refreshing.
- RELEASE THE GARGOYLES!
- FOS is the new TWHIP.
- Okay, good; I've always wondered what falling gorilla-muffins sound like.
- Ridiculously precise wielding of combined superpowers like heat vision and artic breath; it delights Silver Age me more than it irritates Modern Age me.
- The Talking Sun of Alktos Prime
- I... I just watched a drag race between the House of Mystery and the House of Secrets.
- Cat Grant as something other than a shrill predatory harpy.
- "The gorillas are here."
- Clark Kent speaks up for the profession of journalism ... and the real world takes notice!
- Wait... he actually timed it at 4 minutes and 37 seconds?
- I get a No Prize, I think; if Clark "can't remember the last time he perspired, if ever", then why do his used clothes stink?
- Darryl; I don't think any character has made such a dramatic turn from minor comedy relief to mythos mainstay since Alfred.
- Huh; I'm guessing we won't see Axel lend Lenny a hand any more.
- I get ANOTHER No Prize: you must be really super if you can hear the "roar of the solar flares" in the vacuum of space.
- "The Stream of Eternal Maelstroms" is totally the name of my next put--together quartet.
- So do you think Dr. Elias will be getting a new client for his power internalization machine? Because someone's gonna need some new tricks up his sleeve.
- Don't tell me, let me guess: Dr Veritas will turn out to have a similarly sexy colleague named Dr Justicia Americanavia.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Things That Made Me Happy
... in my comics this week.